The title of this piece is "Tidepool", and it's approximately 12"x15". I layered the quilt sandwich and free-motion quilted the background before attaching the center. I used the patterning of the Batik as a guide for my quilting. 

I layered two dyed, used dryer sheets and some eyelash yarn between water soluble stabilizer sheets and stitched with invisible thread. Soaking briefly in water removes the stabilizer and once it had dried, I added handmade and seed beads.  The center was also attached with invisible thread.

I'll be adding a how-to section to my blog in the near future and will include information about lots of ways to recycle used dryer sheets to use in your fiber art projects, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Took your lecture today in Oshkosh- very inspiring! I especially like you advice on fear and just starting! and... I'll never look at dryer sheets the same way again!